Sunday, January 20, 2013

Primal Egg Muffins / Cupcakes

As a busy law student, I love food that I can prepare ahead of time and eat all week.  My primal protein bars area perfect example.  I've been making a big batch every couple of weeks.  Today I came across a great time saver for breakfast.  Typically I have an omelet or scrambled eggs for breakfast.  But sometimes I'll hit the snooze button a couple times too many and don't have the time to cook breakfast.  Today I found the solution: primal/paleo egg muffins.  These are really simple to make and can save you valuable minutes each morning.  Here is how to make a batch of 6:
  • Grease a muffin tin with olive oil or coconut oil (GREASE GOOD OR USE MUFFIN TINS OR THEY WILL STICK TO TIN)
  • Whisk in a large bowl 5 eggs
  • Chop up 2 handfuls of spinach (or break up in hands as I did) and add to egg
  • Chop up 3 roasted red peppers
  • Cook 3 strips of bacon in microwave, crumble up bacon, and add to egg
  • Pour mixture into egg tins
  • Cook at 350 degree for about 15-20 minutes
The egg muffins came out excellent.  They are like mini quiches or omelets.  I may try freezing a batch and see how well they hold up.  Also feel free to mess around with other ingredients such as ground beef, ham, onions, salsa, tomatoes, cheese (if you eat cheese), other spices, etc.

Here are all of the ingredients/supplies that you will need:


Before going into the oven:


Final project:




1 comment:

  1. Those look so good! I just bought a muffin tin and I'm going to try these out this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete