Monday, March 28, 2011

Primal Pizza

This past weekend I made Primal Pizza based on the recipe from Everyday Paleo with a few modifications.  To be honest, I wasn't crazy about the crust.  It tasted like a combo of a graham cracker and pie crust.  It didn't have the consistency of a typical pizza dough.  I probably would not make this recipe again.  It was definitely edible (I ate the whole pizza), but I don't think it was worth the preparation.  Anyways, here is what I did:
  • Mix 2 cups of almond meal, 2 eggs, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp rosemary
  • Mix pretty good until thick and roll into a ball
  • Place the ball of dough on an oiled cookie sheet
  • Using your hands, push the dough into a circle as thing as possible (wet your hands so the dough doesn't stick to our hands)
  • Cook just the dough for 15 minutes
  • Top the cooked dough with a natural sauce (I picked one up from Trader Joes)
  • Top with any other toppings of your choosing (I used mozz. cheese, bacon and clams)





No comments:

Post a Comment