Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tuna Avocado Bacon Salad

I've been trying to work more tuna into my diet as it is a cheap source of protein, but to be honest, I'm not crazy about the taste.  So I look for ways to subdue the tuna taste.  Here is one good way I came up with last night:

  • Drain can of tuna and pour into mixing bowl
  • Add 2 tbsp of olive oil
  • Peel one avocado and add to bowl
  • Add 2 strips of crumbled bacon
  • Add salt and pepper
  • Mix these ingredients pretty good into a tuna salad type consistency
  • Add mixture to a bed of spinach
  • Add tomatoes, peppers and any other veggies
  • Top with olive oil and vinegar or your favorite primal/paleo dressing
The salad came out really well.  The addition of avocado and bacon eliminated the taste of tuna.  The salad didn't look too appetizing, but it was very good.  Next time I might try adding the tuna salad to romaine lettuce and make lettuce wraps.




No comments:

Post a Comment